View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 03:26 PM   #5
jpf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3393
The problem may be worse than I had anticipated, just spent the better part of the day on the phone with Apollo (Micro), Keystone, RV dealer where I purchased (NV), and visiting at Keystone dealers and service facilities locally.
Seems no one is exactly sure how these things are wired and what might have happened, not many definitive answers, It makes it more difficult when one is not sure what questions to ask either.

Worst case scenario (we think we understand) is that we got hit with a power surge that may have taken out the converter as well as the Micro. Have an Appt. to have it checked out this thursday and they have converters in inventory if that is the case. Better case is that the fuse in the converter is toast and can be replaced.
One dealer had a cavelier attitude for leaving the rig a "few days minimum", hard to plan for when in fulltime mode. Our dealer of choice said bring it in, if we can't fix it by 5 PM, pick it up and bring it back the next day.

Judy, we had considered a power surge protector prior to visiting in the RGV, I think Steve R picked one up at Don Wes, but, having not had any problems thought that was an expensive item that might wait a while. Looks like we'll be getting an Autoformer sooner rather than later.
Our concern was always low power not high power, guess we were surprised.

Our immediate concern is IF the converter is toasted were draining the battery as we speak and hope we have enough charge to keep the refridge and minimal lights and necessary functions going till thursday.

more later....

jpf is offline   Reply With Quote