View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 02:27 PM   #1
ADP1723
Established Member

M.O.C. #29275
No Trailer Brake Lights/Turn Signals

Sorry for completely editing/redirecting this thread, but I realized that I'm actually looking at a completely different problem now that I'm checking things properly and my 7-pin tester shows that everything is good on the truck side. So here's where I'm at with my 2007 montana mountaineer 342pht trailer lights issue, :

Currently my Trailer brakes/brake controller and the two front running lights on trailer work. However, the Trailer brake lights/tail lights, turn signals, and rear running lights do not work. I used my multimeter to test the rear tail lights and I get no voltage. Therefore, it seems like all the light wiring is good until you get past the rear wheels. Does anyone have any info on where this wiring splits off, or if there are any common culprits for this type of issue?

*Also, you may have seen one of my posts from a few months ago, where I had some rats chew through my slide-out wiring while the trailer was being stored. So I think there's a real good chance that some of the wiring (towards the rear of the trailer) could have been chewed up, and that's why only the front running lights work. So I guess my second question, is how the hell do I access this wiring? Do I just cut through the black plastic material that's covering everything up?
ADP1723 is offline   Reply With Quote