View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 10:55 AM   #1
Andy Smith
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25951
Potential leak on Lippert Jack

Hi forum! I have a question that I hope I'm worrying over little/nothing for. I have a 2020 3855 BR that I've been living in FT since I took ownership of it in March of 2020. We don't move often, maybe every 4-5 months. Each time we move I wipe down the feet and legs on the jacks to keep them clean. Our last move was 3 weeks ago and I noticed today on the front left jack, there is noticeably more dampness from hydraulic fluid than any of the other jacks. The front jacks are fairly extended as we're on a bit of a hill for the next several months. It's not puddling or pooling, but after 3 weeks there is a sheen of fluid on the foot and the leg that is not present on any of the others that I can see. It looks like it's coming from the seal where the shiny part of the ram goes into the upper portion. My thoughts are that there's a leaking seal there, or there might be something caught in it causing it to leak. We haven't lost any height that I can tell, and it took about three weeks to appear. My question is how concerning is this? Should I call a repair person to try and repair the jack or replace it? I was planning on cycling the jacks all the way out and back in this weekend to clear anything caught in the leg and also do the lippert-recommended anti stiction process. Anyone had something like this before? Thanks!