View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 08:46 AM   #20
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
I'm not going to take the time to air up and air down my tires on my dually. I run them at max cold pressure all the time.

I don't have a problem with the ride comfort. maybe it's because I have the factory air bags.

The tires that Ram put on my 3500 from the factory are junk. Nexens. I just slipped a belt in one of the front ones the other day and had to put new front tires on. I thought it was going to shake the front of the truck off before I got back to the campground.
Sorry to hear of your issues, and I've heard others have had similar poor results. The RAM SRW trucks all seem to come with Firestone Transforce tires. While reasonably long wearing, they really are poor in wet or snow. I changed mine out right away on this truck. I think the poor quality factory tires is RAMs biggest shortfall compared to the competition.

I agree with not airing up and down on a dually. I didn't do it either as it doesn't make enough of a difference and a pain to do it.

On the SRW trucks, especially the 350/3500 class? Totally different story and airing down when empty on the rear tires does make a huge difference in ride quality. (I also have a RAM 3500 with factory rear air suspension, but SRW this time. While a nicer ride than older models, less air when empty dramatically improves ride quality).

Brad