View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 09:58 AM   #14
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I don't know about Facebook and how it functions. I've never done Facebook and never will.

But, a post by the original poster in the existing thread is really all that is necessary.

CADman_KS, Thank-you so much for your response. You hit the nail right on the head. I did what you suggested and it worked. Thanks again. You are the best.

What this does is

1) When someone comes to read the thread, they can see the original poster's question or problem was resolved.

My pet peeve on these forums is the original poster's NEVER come back and say what their solution was, or even if their problem was actually fixed. Why don't people who start threads ever come back and state how their problem was fixed? so this type of acknowledgment goes a long way. It lets people know they do not need to make additional responses.

2). It gives acknowledgement WHO actually gave the best advise, who had the right answer to the problem, and who was most knowledgeable for the situation.

3) It brings closure to a thread

So, why not just acknowledge those who help you, those who had the right answer, those who gave you the best advise, right in the thread itself?

That's my solution.

And by the way CADman_KS, thank-you for letting me vent about no closure responses from the original poster, instead of a thread just simply drifting off to the nether-land.

2)
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote