View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 09:05 PM   #27
LERD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27487
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNJim B View Post
Our 5er is 16k gross and on our recent trip south , loaded up for FT-ing for the winter, I weighed it and it was 500 under and the pin was right on 20%. Course that put me 500 over on GCWR. I'm running an F350 psd SRW and was almost 300 over pin weight. If you go gas you may stay within limits as the lower engine weight will give you more payload, but you will still be very close.
I am currently shopping for a dually. I think you may want to consider that. That 3120 is a sweet floorplan but lots of storage that will just naturally get you close to the gross. I find storage space in a fifth wheel seems to have a magnetic affect on collecting stuff.
I used to have a career where you moved constantly. If it didn't fit in a 32 ft UHaul truck it went to the curb. Different career and now nearly 30 years later in the same house, boy does junk grow to the size of it's container!

What is your GCWR and your payload rating? I was thinking that with the 7.3l gas engine and the 4:30 gears, the GCWR was 27,500. The diesel has the GCWR of 30,000 lbs. That leaves the truck an allowance of 11,500 lbs and about 13,500 lbs for the diesel. Since the pin weight is included in the RV's GVWR, I figured the actual GCWR would be closer to 24,000 or so. Am I missing something?
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote