View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 02:30 PM   #15
steiny93
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17461
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyRobert View Post
Have a relatively new Montana 5th wheel with the Solar Flex System. Apparently I have destroyed two very expensive AGM batteries by over-draining them. Would appreciate any help on how I can diagnose the charging system - firstly, when connected to a 50 amp shore power supply (such as I am now in inside winter storage), secondly, if out in the sun when the Solar is working, and thirdly, if I am running the factory installed generator. What "line" to the batteries should I be testing on, and am I looking for voltage or amperage? And I am assuming that the 12V supply switch in the tank valve area must be set to "on". Thanks from a newbie to this facet of RVing.
To know absolutely for certain go direct to the battery with a multi-meter and measure the voltage at the battery then cycle through the 3 patterns.

In each of your intended charging patterns you should see the voltage at the battery raise to above 12 volts. If you don't see the voltage raise then you know that pattern isn't charging the battery.

Some free advice,
When you are not using the rv disconnect the batteries and don't fight the "keeping it plugged in" battle. Add a disconnect on the negative side and call it good. Disconnected batteries will sit a very long time without discharging while in storage. This will end the problem of showing up at storage and having a dead rv.
steiny93 is offline   Reply With Quote