View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 09:23 AM   #7
Greg Price

M.O.C. #27620
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
Do your self a favor and skip the 2500 and step up to the 3500 and have a better overall TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
Agree with above poster, a 3500 / 350 would provide a nicer ride, and dually even better. But at a length of 35 feet and approximately 12,000 pounds (shipping weight), you'll probably be OK with the 2500. Besides, the 2500 is brand new, and I'm absolutely sure you won't be trading it and others have successfully towed similar rigs and had good success.

Congrats on your decision for the Montana. Just be aware, you'll have some fixes and bloopers to look after. If you are capable of fixing things yourself, you're better off. Waiting on warranty repairs from a dealership can keep you on hold much longer than you want. Just expect some issues to arise.

My suggestion is, if you do not have the time, tools, space, or knowledge of how to fix a problem.... then take it to your dealer for warranty. If you know how to use a screw driver, you can fix cabinet doors youself.

Still... nice choice! And (once all the little bugs get worked out), you'll REALLY enjoy that camper!

Congrats!
Thanks guys. I understand the advantages of a 3500, but also the limitations of a slightly stiffer ride when not towing. I've been towing since I was 16 and have a class A license, so not new to me, but I appreciate the comments.

I am pretty handy and this will be our 5th RV, so minor repairs are not an issue for me.

Thanks again and I look forward to the advice and information that can be found here.