View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 05:12 PM   #16
Ahdmeyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24181
we had a 2007 fleetwood 40 ft revolution 400 cat engine and towed a jeep wrangler before our 5th wheel. we have more room inside the 5th wheel than the motorhome but a lot less storage outside. as for driving and stopping, i was always driving but when we first got the motorhome i asked my wife to go back and make a sandwich for us. she did manage but that was the first and last time while going down the road. drove and rode good but any movement while driving is making the movement of the rv terribly hard if not in the front of it. nice if she needed to use the restroom but still very rocky ride while using the restroom. i had to stop when i needed to anyway and also we have a dog that needed to go out to. cons of motorhome plate in my state az are outragous as in insurance for one. maintanence if you do not do it yourself is very expensive. having a caterpillar engine, very few cat over the road dealers that work on motorhomes. for instance a head gasket i was told is about $6000 and a new engine rebuilt installed $35000. a lot cheaper maintanace on a fifth wheel. i did love my motorhome but the cost of these things kind of scared me. i love my montana and not sorry i changed. if you have a full wallet the mh is a great way to travel but i dont and the montana fits the bill perfectly.
al meyer
3931 fb
az
Ahdmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote