Thread: Wiring problems
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 02:12 PM   #20
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
i have seen that "WIRE BURN" in my business many times. (your white). It starts as a loose connection which generates heat at the source of the connection....

The main problem... (not the insulation ) is when the copper changes to that BURNT look then the current carrying capacity of the wire diminishes . If it ever heats to the point of break off (no load capable) the voltage on your 120 volt appliances will go to 240 volt and BURN up everything electrical.

Weather you trailer started as a 30 amp and was modified to handle a 50 amp load or if it just came that way.....

YOU MUST ELIMINATE THAT BURNT WHITE WIRE.....do what ever you have to do to cut back about 6" both the 2-black and white wire.....do not take this lightly. Re attach to terminals that are not burnt.... if the circuit breaker has a burn terminal replace with new they are cheap enough.

as far as you 12 volt fuse problem ..can not comment till i see a photo
Electrician here. I know of no way to get 240V on any appliance in an RV without connecting the appliance to the 2 hot legs. A neutral (white wire) breaking off will cause 0 Volts on that entire circuit.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote