View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 03:23 PM   #36
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
Our first RV was our 2017 Montana 3820FK full body paint legacy edition, and we went to 40 states and two provinces in Canada, and we really liked it. Of course along the way things needed repairing, since the highways are pretty torn up in places. The frame started to flex, so they had to take off my front cap, and re-weld the frame in a bunch of places, but Montana did warranty it. The thing i want to point out, is everyone we talk to after going to over 150 RV parks, has issues with their RV's. Heck one guy touting how great his Tiffen motorhome was and how good their service was, said he was heading back their again, and I asked him what he was going to have done, and he said he had a list of about 60 things to be worked on!!! We kept seeing These beautiful 5th wheels with a big cursive D on the front, and we started checking them out, and we bought a 2019 DRV Elite Suites 39DBRS3, and we totally love it. I still like some things our Monty had, but this thing is great, and we have had nothing but great luck after 20k miles on it so far. The thing you have to remember about a company like DRV, is they probably sell 1/20th the 5th wheels that Montana does, and they only have a FB page, so everyone that posts something about an issue goes out to every owner. So though it may seem like there are a lot of problems, imagine if the Montana forum operated the same way, and every issue of something breaking went out to "EVERY" owner? How many notices per day would you be getting? So it really boils down to what you like about a lay out and looks, and what your pocket book can afford. Heck, I would like to have a Newmar King Aire, but can't see myself dropping the 1M for it, and the 60k per year maintenance upkeep on it! So yes competition is good, but go for what you like, period! We will all have to fix things ourselves on our RV's