Thread: Airbags
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 12:41 PM   #19
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcNeal View Post
I was considering Air Lift bags on my truck, but not because of sagging. I only had a problem with the "porpoising" effect on rough roads, especially bridges and over passes, or any stretch of I-95 in South Carolina south of I-26.
I ended up going with Timbrens and I'm very glad I did. It takes care of that problem and I don't have any maintenance. Air bags can leak, air lines can leak. They eventually require maintenance. Also the Timbrens were less than half the price of Air Lift, even without the compressor.
Installation only took about 20 minutes, too.
Timbrens are a good system if you want a fixed system. They are not adjustable. Air bags are adjustable. There are many posts from folks that have air bags for years with no leaks. Leaks are easy to fix unless it’s the air bags themselves, and usually those are easy fixes as well.The on board air compressor with blue tooth remote allows you to make adjustments on the fly and fine tune your ride. When not towing I deflate to about 8 lbs. and it helps smooth the ride. When towing I usually inflate to around 15 - 20 pounds and really helps with the hard bumps and noticeably smooths out the ride. For me, I like being able to make the adjustments. Just depends on what you are looking for.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote