View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 01:30 PM   #16
tom woodward
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25118
broken Cales

If it were as easy as watching the video. I have a 2015 353RL HighCountry and we had problems with the slides going part way out and stopping, popping the motor relay. When the motor relay reset we could go in further. A call to the local shop said, "put a larger CB, 80 amps, in the front bay. Still did it and then eventually a couple of cables broke. I replaced two by watching the video but the CB kept popping. I took it to 2 service shops, both said they couldn't fix it (or didn't want to knowing how big a job it was) and finally took it to the local Keystone dealer. Two of the larger three slides had to come out. The factory put the slide in catty-wompus and they were binding and the only thing they ride on is a plastic wear strips, not rollers. $5000 later they finally work right and stopped breaking cables. Nine months later and only two trips the slick material on the bottom of the slide that runs on the slide strip is starting to tear again. Dealer says parts are warranted but not the labor. If they have to take that slide out to find what is tearing the material it will cost another 12 hours of labor at $165/h. Frankly I'm repulsed at the poor quality of build (and repair) these vehicles.
tom woodward is offline   Reply With Quote