Thread: Teton Pass
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2020, 06:55 PM   #30
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
We have done all the major passes, like Monarch Pass, 11,312 feet, and Vail Pass, and Teton Pass, and I have learned not to keep flooring it to not upset drivers behind me! Don't let your turbo scream, just take it easy, and keep the truck in the power curve, and if that means you are only going over the Teton pass at 40 mph, the people will not be upset, because if they were following a cement truck, or a heavy laden Semi, they might only be going 25 mph! It is about 5 miles of 10% grade going from Jackson over the top. Do not be intimidated, do all the passes in this country, just take her slow, what's the hurry? There is an 11% grade in Tahoe near my house, and we could pull our Montana about 45 over that pass, but now with my new SOB, that weighs 6,000 pounds more than my Montana, the best I can do is 36 mph. Just relax and realize people will expect that you have to go slower than them!