View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 07:04 PM   #50
allenclme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23676
Jack Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214skier View Post
This is actually a good comment given our experience. We naively assumed the electric jack system would operate like our former hydraulic system (I had a flat once and was able to easily lift and change with no issues); however, getting to manual and isolating the rear or starboard jacks simultaneously was not obvious at the time (I understand this statement is going to open up a whole flurry of comments).

The F350 jack would not lift at the frame--I was hesitant to lift from the axle.

The roadside assistance team hand a 12 ton bottle jack that they did lift from the axle and changed the tire.
First - I'm glad there were no injuries or damage to the skirt. My 3820FK actually has jack points identified on the frame, where it has extra angle iron in the flange where the leaf springs mount. I had to buy a bottle jack and to get enough hight to raise the frame to get the tire off the ground as my 3500 HD jack wasn't tall enough. I cut up a 12 x 12 board and made a jack base that gives me about 14" of height above the ground. I did this as the owners manual says not to use the hydraulic jacks to lift the vehicle.
allenclme is offline   Reply With Quote