View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 11:08 AM   #13
Randy E
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahdmeyer View Post
yes the inverter did its job on the loss of current, but did not check it often enough and the batteries ran down tilll low enough for the inverter to also shut down. as for just unplugging it from the inverter and plugging it into a cord, if you did that i think you should be sure that you are unplugged from shore power before you plugged that into a cord to make sure completly isolated from shore. my thought without unhooking from shore and directly into a cord i think you could have big trouble, could be an opposite leg and, they is a small tsf switch just down from the invertor, i think about 20 amp. i am not sure i am correct in my theory but not going to try it to find out
thx
al meyer
3931fb az
We have a 3791rd with the same fridge. I had issues with it when it was new. We unplugged it from the inverter, and ran a cord to shore power without issue. Then the problem happened again when we were away from home. This time I unplugged it from the inverter, and plugged it into an outlet in our storage area in the basement. It worked. As long as we were plugged into shore power, the outlet had 120 volts needed to run the fridge.
2016 Chevy DD 4x4
Randy E is offline   Reply With Quote