View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 12:07 PM   #10
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Wife is an avid coffee drinker. I'm not. We've had every kind of imaginable coffee pots ever manufactured looking for the better mouse trap.

A few years ago, we cleaned out and gave away all our old "primative" camping equipment, including the coffee pot we use to use over a fire pit. We had only an electric drip coffee maker when the entire campground power went out before breakfast!

I scrambled to boil water on the propane stove and put a coffee filter in a cooking funnel filled with coffee and poured the water through the funnel.

Four hours later we returned from a store where we purchased another old-style fire-pit peculator, and we've had it ever since. It works so well, my wife eventually purchased an electric old fashion style peculator. That's all she uses now.

If no electricity, she fixes coffee on the stove top. She says that metal pot makes the best coffee from anything she ever used. Plus, it's a throwback memory of my childhood when Dad made his coffee in a stove top perculator.

You can get one at WalMart, or ANY camping store, or on-line.

Here's what I'm talking about: Click here

Now television? That's a different subject. Plug in a small 400 watt inverter into the cigerrate lighter plug in your camper, where your power booster is, and plug in the television into it. We use to run an electric cooler in the camper this way a few years ago in another travel trailer.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote