View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 12:35 PM   #3
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
I've never resold any of my previous camping supplies, including 2 Coleman camp stoves, 20 pound propane tank, tank tree (I gave that to a Boy Scout group). When we purchased our current 5er, I had no need any longer for my Equal-i-zer 1400/14000 4 point hitch system. I ended up giving that to a fellow I work with who was purchasing his first travel trailer.

Gave away all our old tent stuff to my wife's nephew, including sleeping bags. Gave away awning parts, one-pound propane bottles, hoses, even our entire DISHTV satellite system, including the receiver and Tailgater to a young couple who just purchased their first travel trailer and wanted to use DISHTV. Ended up giving a really nice satillite finder to a random fellow camper at a State Park. He had a dish on a tripod. He was thrilled.

Given away so much stuff, I've lost track completely. Recently, I gave away a 30 amp extension cord to a woman I work with who just bought a brand new T@B camper. She's a solo female. She was thrilled. I also purchased for her all the adapters for 20 to 30 amp and even step down 50 amp to 30. She was elated.

Gave away my old Reese hitch system and BAL metal wheel chalks to my next door neighbor last Summer when she purchased a new to her used travel trailer.

I found I just wanted to get rid of stuff. In my opinion, it all served it's usefullness for me. I got my money's worth. If anyone else could use it after I was done, I didn't feel it right to ask for compensation. I just gave it away. Also, if for some reason the item ended up failing, there was no obligation.

Good luck with your endeavor. We all do it different. Just thought I'd share how we've done it for the last 35 years.
Let us know when you are ready to give away the 5er (once it has served it purpose).
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote