View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 05:37 PM   #58
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADman_KS View Post
I thought about that too, but I think that it will only be higher by the amount of the tube that holds the ISR tabs. That appears to be like 1" tube.

BUT, the original SuperRails that I have in my truck, actually sit off the bed about the same distance as the ISR rails. They do not touch the bed at all.

The way that the guy was doing it in the video for SURE will be too high, and that's not what I would do...
The Reese is 2"tubing, and sits pretty flat on the bed , as flat as it can ,just barely making contact with the plastic rings that go around the pucks in the bed. Can't go any lower ,nor could any other adapter.

Anything else that holds any hitch higher off the Reese adapter is going to be on the hitch itself. That frame does not contribute any more height then the 2". Demco as far as I can tell might be what 1*1/2 high, doubtful if any lower, possibly a bit higher. Hopefully it sits pretty flat also.

Sitting on my Reese adapter with my Reese 18K manual slider I am whatever the height difference is between standard bed rails I had in my previous truck , what around 1*1/2" high compared to the 2" of the adapter.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote