View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 02:40 PM   #1
Tonet57

M.O.C. #24822
New Monty gen install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusters View Post
As stated by others, I also have a 5500 Onan Propane genset that was installed at time of pick-up for 2016 Monty. The wiring and genset was nearly $8K more for our purchase. Was it worth it, I can't say for sure. The advantage so far was jump starting the generator, so I could use my leveling system when the batteries were pretty weak from sitting. The Con is mostly losing significant storage space in front and weight.
I just recently bought a new 381th that was presided for generator I paid to have a 5500 onanistic installed when I got it home and tried it out everything was great till I turned on second air conditioner I threw a breaker I called the dealership about it and was told can only run generator at a time because it was only prewired for 30 amp why in the world would a 50 amp unit only be prewired for 30 amp and why even put a 5500 in it waiting on keystone reply about this probably won’t get anything done about it because it is prewired was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if my dealer is just blowing smoke you know where
Tonet57 is offline   Reply With Quote