View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 02:33 PM   #11
McRod
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18363
Quote:
Originally Posted by KemoLondon View Post
Hey all,

We've got a 2018 3720RL and I went to dump the other day and the black water handle is stuck in the closed position. 2 weeks ago I dumped and did a full spray clean and it worked fine. Now it won't even move. I did push it in hard to close cause I thought it was leaking a little bit after dumping. My unit is 4 season so the underbelly is closed and the valve is hid. Since the handle is wire operated could it be binding? Anyone ever have this issue? Thanks in advance.

Bob
If someone put a baby wipe or other non degradable matter down the toilet, they tend to hang up on the valve plate that is opening when you pull the cable. When you "force" push it closed (because it's slow dripping) it will cause the plate to get stuck and you will have a problem pulling it back open. You have to get to the waste valve (cut a small square in the coroplast underneath) and remove it, inspect and clean it to see if it will seal properly after any matter is removed. If not you can choose to replace just the gaskets or the whole waste gate valve. Should take about an hour. Or you can take it to someone to do it, should take a day.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote