View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 06:13 PM   #36
fulltilt
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #16056
Hi Everyone
Thank you to WeBeFulltime !
Today I laid 3.5 sheets of roof sheathing, & experimented with the aluminum angle extrusion to support the roof edges under the rolled metal. I am going to make the brackets 4” & place one bracket roughly centered between each two trusses. In the second picture, you can see 2 brackets, on the right, I used self drilling screws & a dab of self leveling caulk over each screw head to prevent loosening over time, but during the course of installing this, it occurred to me that rivets would be a better choice [ 3rd picture], hence that is what I will do. I will remove the first bracket & install rivets in place of those screws. I haven’t installed the additional layer of sheathing in this area yet, but I must tell you, stepping on the roof edge now is absolutely solid. I placed an anti chafing sleeve over the wire feed which is next to the bracket on the right, between that & the bracket, I do not anticipate any issues going forward with the wire. I will do this with each wire pair. I realize this may take me a few days to complete, about 48 brackets involved but at the end of the day I will feel better for it.
Just a short note on the sheathing in the 1st picture…I am very pleased with the product, it has stiffened the roof up more than I expected & with the hardwood core & zero voids, I can screw through it within ˝” of the edge without ply squeeze out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P7270035.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	4342   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7270037.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	4343   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7270038.jpg
Views:	30