Thread: Decals
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 05:19 PM   #1
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Talking Decals

Hi Our unit it 12 years old and we still fulltime. I finally couldn't stand the Decals looking so bad. I started to heat them and use a razor blade in a holder, soon found out if you are not steady you can gouge the fiberglass. So I happen to talk to a friend, who has lived in his Fifth Wheel forever. He suggested I get plastic razor blades. I looked all over, I called True Value, Oregon tool, Walmart, Bimart, Fred Myer. I found them at the Ace hardware in Reedsport, Or. Very inexpensive and work well, if you use a heat gun. Use low heat and take your time. Get the end loose and wear rubber gloves and pull lightly. Most of the time you can get a bigger piece off. Then the glue is the worst of the job. Goo-gone and Acetone just move the glue around and makes more of a job. I had bought a paint stripper a few year ago, a citrus smelling one. When I put it in a container and brushed it on, let it set for 5mins, used the plastic razor and scraped it off it works great, sometimes it takes a couple of applications to get it all off. This is a slow process took me a few weeks, I only worked a few hours each day. Looks so much better with out the decals that were all coming off it bits and pieces. Thanks didn't mean to write a book.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote