View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 08:12 AM   #35
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
bathroom door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutz54 View Post
Hi Terry and Patsy!!---Funny about the BR door--it's the one thing I wish was different--Deb likes it though.. Did you change it to a pocket door??? Fireplace is still in the BR....we spent the first night in our rig last night---I can see why you would want to change the bed platform--what did you do to improve that?? Thanks Dick and Deb
We used it for the first season. Then the upper bearing gave out and dropped the door. At that time I decided to change things. I made it a hinged (swinging) door. I had to swing it out into the hallway, but wasn't a problem for us. Bought the same type hinges as used on the bedroom door. Just "flipped" to door over to change the latch point. Really only major work was to make a new latch hole, and fill the old one. Only one drawback, the door won't quite open all the way in the hall, due to the valance over the window. I thought about reworking the valance (it would clear if I took a 1/4 inch off it) but decided the door opens far enough so left it alone. For us it works. For others, well.....maybe not. But we like it now. If you need, I can PM you with all the details as to what I did on the door. I actually did NOT have to buy any other materials than the hinges. Regarding the bed platform, I took the existing plywood off and used all new plywood to make it the width/length of the mattress. Yes, it makes it tight along the edge, but not a problem for us. Again, to each his own.
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote