View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 10:41 AM   #5
BarkingCrow
Established Member

M.O.C. #23127
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlscott185 View Post
It does this when it changes from high to low fan speed, try setting a fan speed instead f auto. Either high or low. Keep in mind that it will run when on furnace instead of heat pump unless you set fan speed back to auto.
I don't have it set to Auto. I have it at 69 and on Heat Pump. As I said, I move it to Furnace 2 or 3 times a day, as I know the Heat Pump isn't designed to keep things warm all by itself, when it's this cold out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
Also, you need to understand that the heat pump won't keep your pipes from freezing. Only the furncace will. If your going to be in one place for a while many of us rent a larger tank from a propane dealer.
Hmm... that's not what our dealer told us. The unit has the Four Seasons package, so they said either heating option would keep things from freezing. No issues so far. I know the line for the ice maker is exposed, so I cut it off under the sink (in the island) and disconnected it under the kitchen slide-out to drain any water in it. Otherwise, we were told the only time we'd need to worry about potential pipe freeze is if the unit is not being heated at all. I'll monitor things though, so thanks for the info!

We're at an RV park at the moment. We'll be relocating to our land/farm in a few weeks and plan to have a 300lb tank installed on the property. Lugging these 30lbs-ers would get old really fast.

D
BarkingCrow is offline   Reply With Quote