View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 01:18 PM   #16
hillsdaletc

M.O.C. #17986
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
I am considering thick (as in ridged) aluminum sheeting supported by additional bracing as needed. I particularly like that idea in areas where having easyly removed panels would improve access to mechanical components such as sewage valves and water lines

Obviously not a cheap project but I think worthwhile early in ownership on a brand new rig

I certainly agree about adding insulation!! Perhaps foil backed styrofoam cut to fit between flooring supports?
Your main concern in using metal is condensation forming on the inside of the metal. Even when insulated, the metal is cold on one side and warm on the other. The condensation will be on the warmer side.. This is one of the improvements realized when we changed over to the lighter core plastic. We always had dampness problems in our units and thought it was a leak from the drain pipes or condensation from the tanks. But then when the dampness disappeared with the new materials it was proven to be condensation. You might try glueing roll out heat reflective sheeting to the panels.
hillsdaletc is offline   Reply With Quote