View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 06:52 PM   #58
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemoore View Post
Wait a second if you weigh the front axel then the rear axel then add that together I don't think that is the correct weight. I could be wrong but have you ever weighed the whole truck.

Just thinking when you weigh the front axel you also get weight from the back and the same for when you weight the rear axel. I bet if you were to weigh the entire truck it would weigh less that joining the two weights ???

Please someone correct me if I am wrong?
I have weighed my front axle, rear axle then both axles. The individual axle weighs add up exactly to the weight when weighing both axles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hblick48 View Post
I just learned that GVWR does not include pin weight of the 5er per Etrailer.com:

"The gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), or gross vehicle mass (GVM) is the maximum operating weight/mass of a vehicle as specified by the manufacturer including the vehicle's chassis, body, engine, engine fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo but excluding that of any trailers."

I was including the pin weight in GVWR calculation. That means that I am not overloaded, just tilted. Whew, I feel better.
Not really wanting to get into this discussion, but I think you are reading this wrong. I absolutely consider pin weight in my GVWR; my truck does not care if it is pin weight or bags of concrete in the back. The remainder of the trailer weight is not part of the GVWR but is included in the GCVWR.
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote