View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 01:03 AM   #26
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
If you never use your rig in below freezing temperatures, you really don't need dual pane windows but I have lived in RVs with both window types in freezing weather and there is no comparison in the comfort level if you like wearing short sleeved T-shirts like I do.

Most places you sit in an RV are close to a window and single panes are just cooler windows, plain and simple. Yes, you can put on a sweater or close the shades if you enjoy sitting in the dark.
I enjoy sitting next to an uncovered window that does not give off cool air so for me double pane is worth the weight and the expense. Everyone has different needs but up here in Canada it is much easier to sell a used unit with double pane windows. Four months ago, I sold my 03 Okanagan slide in Camper with double pane windows to the first caller and I got many calls after that.Single pane slide in Campers are very difficult to sell as most people that buy these units are skiiers like I was and we want a warm place to relax after a day on the slopes.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote