View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 09:57 PM   #16
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
Keg I have an Onan 6500 light commercial genset installed in our 3440RL. I did all the prep and wiring and I had a small shop install the base, shroud and physically install the genset in the compartment. I think that the price you got is a bit on the high side. It was not a job I could not have done completely but it was much easier to leave the pieces I mentioned to someone else. The Honda's are another option but that is an entirely different conversation and not the point of my response. For me I didn't want to pull out portables, I didn't want to worry about where to carry nor the setup and tear down. For me I wanted what I wanted. The added bonus I don't have to worry about my generator walking off. The units do go through a good amount of propane and my solution has been to upgrade to two 40lb tanks. So for all the pros and cons it was worth it to me to pull into my destination in the middle of sweltering weather with a cooled rig. If there is no sun and I need to charge my batteries it's done in relatively short order.
PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote