View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 09:29 AM   #56
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by topjustice View Post
Thanks to all for weighing in on my post. The bottom line is many of you agree that most, if not all, RV's are going to have issues in some form or another. My experience with the Alpine I just sold is the same. I had several minor issues over the three years I had it, which is to be expected as most of you have said. It just seemed that the Montana was especially hit hard by other sites and reviews so I decided to ask the experts who actually own these units. By the way, maybe I didn't word it clearly but I wasn't referring to this forum as having trolls with negative intentions. I was referring to the many other sites i researched. That's why I came here for clarification. Thank you for that. Right now my plan is to purchase a 3791RD next season - perhaps a 2019 in April.
I must disagree... THEY ALL DONT HAVE THE TYPES OF ISSUES THESE THOR PRODUCTS HAVE! I spoke to a guy where his entire back wall fell off! They all don't do it. I have owned 2 aljos, a prowler, an a K-z new vision ultra and another Thor product, a Tahoe.. our new Montana has the outside black moulding disintegrating in the sun... they all don't do it.. shower door handles that come off the glass... They all don't do this.. carpet worn after 2 years, THEY ALL DONT DO THIS.. screws falling out of the flappy fenders and lower sides.. No!. They all don't do this.
Now, if a converter fails, I'm ok., or fridge, water heater fails I'm ok with that. But when a unit leaks, or walls fall off, staples coming thru the roof , fender flapping in the winD, CARPET wearing so fast..I'm not ok...
We have a 2015 Montana 3610 legacy.. I can't wait to get rid of it!. Does it sound like I'm a TROLL?!. No, I'm a very unhappy purchaser from a company that makes a product for a one time sale. The problem is ONE company, THOR owns nearly every Rv manufacturer. No competition, n need for building a competitive Rv, no need to compete for prices...
Right now we are looking to find an older K-z escalade. High quality, very nice before Thor bought them.. THEY ALL DONT DO IT!
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote