View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 09:43 PM   #23
scottkeen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20894
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ojocky View Post
<snip>More often than not 30 amp is plenty. I also agree that boondocking is awesome. That is one of the reasons I bought my trailer. My trailer is now 14 years old and have never been turned away. If I call to make reservations and they ask how old my trailer is I tell them 9 years old. If you maintain your rig you will not be turned away.
Thanks, that's encouraging. With the 30A, you can run the coffee maker or microwave or A/C, but nothing else? Is that correct?

I can't wait to try boondocking, even if it's Walmart for a night!

My approach right now -- not sure if this is a correct approach -- is to just do some RV park camping locally to start with. Then start spreading farther away from home base. And as I gain confidence and shake-out the rig and get it outfitted with what I need, then take it on longer and longer trips, farther and farther away. My first long-trip will probably be from home base in N. Virginia to Venice, FL where my Dad lives. Then one day, I'll realize that I don't go back to home base much anymore and just put the condo up for sale/rent.
scottkeen is offline   Reply With Quote