View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 05:58 AM   #17
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
I was concerned about the movement in my 2011 3455sa pin box. I have one of those large levels mounted to it. Going down the road I can see quite a bit of movement between it and the front cap. I put a piece of tape on the side of the frame were the pin box is mounted to and marked a line on the tape using a spacer held against the bottom of the front cap. I then lowered the pin down on to a 6x6 post until the front jacks were off the ground. Using the same spacer I drew another line. The space between the lines is about 1/4 to maybe 3/8".

Also while the weight in on the pin, I looked around at the front of the bedroom closet area. The floor of the closet was pushing upwards on the dividing wall that divides the closet from the washer/dryer closet.

I then un-attached the wall from the floor and cut off about 3/8" off the bottom of the dividing wall panel.

I then secured a 3/4" x 3/4" stripe of 1x to the floor on each side of the panel, but not secured to the panel. Now the panel will just slide up and down in its slot.

I have not had any issues and think that things are normal. All steel has to flex somewhat or it would brake.

I also removed the trim on each side at the overhang and going down towards the ground. I cleaned the areas up and re-secured the trim after pumping a lot of clear silicon into that area.

Like I said I can still see some movement, But think it is normal and keep an eye on it.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote