View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 08:46 AM   #31
bad99ram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18650
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
We all have our travel style and are driven by our needs. Only on our winter trips back and forth from Florida do we have designated stopovers at campgrounds and they are less than 300 miles apart. I guess we are in super retirement mode as we have little concern about how long it takes us to get anywhere when we are on a road trip or how far we travel in a day. We have way too much time on our hands.

The extra tanks are a great idea that we did consider early on.
Almost exactly what we do on our way back and forth to Florida. Prior to wintering in Florida we spent 6 yrs in Texas. Going thru Texas on secondary roads was a pain. 4 times I had to back out after fueling. With that being said when DW reaches SS age in 3 years we are planning on our dream trip across to the west coast then work our way back on southern route to Florida. We have been blessed with good health ECT. The one thing of retiring young is that we are lots younger than 95% of the people we winter with. That's when I figure the extra tank will come in handy. TV only has 91000 miles on it and hopefully we will have the same one then.
bad99ram is offline   Reply With Quote