Thread: Wells, ME
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 11:45 PM   #3
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
I can't speak much for Wells, but Kennebunkport, the next town up Rt.1 north, has the Bush estate, and is a very pretty town with a coastline to match. The town just south on Rt. 1 is Ogunquit and there you'll find the Marginal Way, which is a walk about a mile long that begins in the center of town and winds along the ocean before it ends in Perkins Cove, where there are shops and a couple of restaurants (M.C. Perkins is my favorite). The cove is a popular stop for photos, mainly because it is very picturesque with the lobster and fishing boats moored there. I also recommend a trip farther south on Rt.1 to York, where you can get on 1-A and tour the coastline and lighthouses along the route. Nubble Light has a nice view of the Atlantic and there are many other good views along the way. The whole area is very scenic and New England-y. I recommend the York Harbor Inn for a stop for lunch. Check out the downstairs bar. It's designed like the inside of a ship. Nice spot for a cocktail. As far as restaurants go, The Roost, Cornerstones and Jonathans in Ogunquit are nice. If you want lobster, try one of the many places in the area that specialize in seafood. Expect crowds because it is a short season up there. Hope this helps and you enjoy your time in downeast Maine.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote