View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 09:49 AM   #8
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipermanden View Post
I checked the lug nuts "before" I left their lot. They had serviced my bearings and axles etc., and I do not trust anyone but myself. It was weird that two out of 8 on every wheel needed lots of tightening. It is almost like the tech is used to a 6 lug wheel, and was counting, and left two not finally torqued on each wheel? I will check again when it is cold out, and before we go on our long trip next week. Then at our first park after 300 miles. As far as the center caps go, egg shaping sounds good, if I can do it cosmetically? I was thinking of using that high temp RTV orange silicon glue. I told the dealer while they were servicing it and had the wheels off, to just put some duct tape strips in there to take up the small amount of space, and they said it was a liability issue, and that they might catch on fire some day????

You can usually flare out the small flange on the back of the caps with some pliers, and that will allow it to tighten up .

If they are leaving lug nuts not torqued up to spec, I would be pretty concerned how well they did your bearings. Reading post like yours keeps me away from dealers for anything, other then the last resort.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote