View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 02:34 PM   #265
John Neeley
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19277
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
We had posted this before right now the RV industry is booming, at the fall rally every manufacturer was producing Rv's as fast as they could the delivery lots were full and they could not be delivered fast enough. IMO when this happens quality and service goes down. In 2008/2009 The RV industry was in the pits due to the economic downturn. Montana was producing their entire line in one plant on the same line. The Elkhart area was a ghost town several RV manufacturers went belly up during that time. The manufacturers know that may happen again and are producing RV's and selling them while they can. The consumer pays the price.
This might be abit off subject, but how can these RV manufactures keep building more and more, when every sales lot I see is full of units, and majority arent moving it seems. Are my eyes going bad or just what is the deal? Sure you see some new units in parks, but the majority are older than a year or two. These sales lots have units jammed into them, they cant even open up the slides and are stack 5 deep in rows. I dont know, I just dont understand it. Same goes with new cars....where do they go when the model year is up?? No one will give you a truthful answer to that question. I suspect they ship them off shore at bargain prices to South America, etc....but I could be wrong.... a prying mind wants to know what the deal is.
2016 Montana 3440RL Legacy-Andersen 3200 Hitch
John Neeley is offline   Reply With Quote