View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
“Another crisis un-veiled”

First it was the blow-out on I-75. Now we’re looking at a whole new dilemma. I’ve been complaining about a soft floor on the big slide for some time. Without ever seeing any kind of a water leak I ignored that possibility. This year we developed dark marks on the carpet where the slides move in & out. I now know why we have them.

Today I removed the furniture and carpet to have a very close look at what we have. This is what I found.

This next photo is on the opposite end of the slide out. It is dry but obviously it has leaked in the past.

Both of these areas are at a fall through state. The first area that is wet was immediately after a hard rain. The first thing I plan to do is evaluate how the rain water is getting in.

I have the ability and skills to make repairs. However, the problem is bigger than I can handle in the way that it needs to be done. The entire floor needs to be removed and replaced. That I can't do because the slide would need to be completely removed. I'm considering making an attempt at replacing just the end pieces of flooring. I would like to know if anyone on here has ever taken on this big of a job themselves.

The flooring bolts to the frame underneath as seen in the next photo. If the bolts are removed and the trim is removed from the outside bottom of the slide I might be able to remove a section of the flooring on each end after making a cut. What I don't know is how the flooring is attached to the bottom of the sidewalls.

Does anyone know?

You may have noticed a hole completely through the floor on each end; I have no idea why they would be there other than a previous owner drilled them for some reason. It would be nice to haul it in and come back with a newer one but I can't see that happening. Any thoughts, ideas and comments are appreciated as always. Thanks!

On Edit: Photo Links Changed