View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
"MOC Forum" Wisdom Needed!

Ok, I’ve been contemplating on how to fix this problem. The problem is the sag in the floor that has developed. If you look at the first photo you can see part of the sag. It goes most of the way across the floor but is the worst where you can see it.

[img] http://www.southshorechurchofgod.org/10250801.gif [/img]

I’m not positive but I think it may be a result of the Splendide Combo unit vibrating so much when it’s being used and causing the sag in a weak area of the floor. I can feel the floor give whenever I walk on it as well. With the floor supported this is what it should look like.

My question is this; what is the best way IYO to brace this up. The frame underneath was slightly raised with the jack. Should I use bolts and drill holes through the aluminum frame all the way through or should I use some kind of framing support underneath?

Here is what it looks like from the other side. It also looks like someone possibly a (PO) has already tried to support this by placing two screws from the front side. BTW, these 2 screws were found in a worked loose position. They really don’t seem to be supporting very much. There is also enough room for the bolts to go completely through the frame and then be bolted from either side. I believe the wall board is made from a plywood type of boarding and it appears that it would be strong enough to support the weight of the floor. It sits on the frame at the bottom. I believe using the bolts would support it but I’m concerned about whether or not it would weaken the frame any or too much. I want it to feel solid as it does now with the jack in place.

[img] http://www.southshorechurchofgod.org/06240903.gif [/img]

Thanks and I’m looking forward to the vast wisdom on this forum for suggestions!