Thread: Speculation
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Speculation

We all have the speculation if were off the road and in a campground and in the process of setting up our rig that we are fairly safe from bad drivers. Wrong!!!

I had just taken the Montana off the truck, and moved the truck off to the parking area across the street and went inside to wash my hands when we were hit by a (@#*&@#$&*) young lady on the front right hand side. As I ran outside I see her (@$&*^$$# %^) girlfriend just setting inside her car, and not outside spotting for her!!!

At least her insurance is going to pay to have the front end opened up and inspected for any possible damage to the frame and landing gear. I had the landing feet centered on the plastic jack pads, and she moved the Montana two inches or more, when she hit us. Then had the nerve to tell me to chill out it was only an accident!!!

The camp ground gave her a different site that was a straight shot back in and she still had a very hard time getting the motor home backed in…

I’ve set here for a couple of days trying to understand how someone like this can get in the drivers seat of a large motor home and think they don’t need any help or training before turning the key putting it in gear, and just taking off with little or no concern about others on the road, or in my case parked, setup and minding my own business?

When we started camping years ago we had to sleep on the ground, then a tent, a canopy, two pull behind trailers then the first fifth wheel, now on our second. We had a progression of learning as we moved forward along with gaining some kind of knowledge of what we were doing when we hooked up to leave…

I can only hope that she will not injure or kill someone before she can gain the experience needed to handle such a large rig? I have told her insurance company that they should have her take some type of drivers training for the motor home before they have to pay out a large payment to someone!!!
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote