View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 06:52 AM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
** Winterizing? **

You ask, why this time of the season? Well I'm not exactly winterizing but I have a question that I need an answer for - while the camper is at the dealer getting the water heater replaced. If my thoughts are correct then I may need to have the lines modified. Now, obviously would be the time to get-r-done!

After looking at the lines going to and from the water heater, how can it be winterized without getting the anti freeze into the water heater? What I see is one valve located at a point where I believe that it would place the valve on the supply line to the water heater. If I turn off this one valve before pumping the antifreeze, then how do you get anti freeze into the hot water return line or are you supposed to just pump through the water heater?

I always thought that you shouldn't pump anti-freeze into the water heater but just by-pass it and drain it. How then can you winterize the hot water return line? This doesn't look like the set up I would expect to see for a complete by-pass on the water heater!

I hope you follow what I'm asking!

Thanks