View Single Post
Old 02-12-2006, 06:00 AM   #1
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
How much down when ordering?

I considered this posting this topic for some time. We are getting ready to order our 3400RL. Since we need it by the end of May, we need to order it before the end of March.

We will be dealing with a credit union. I am NOT going to put anything down. (Have to buy a tv, too - using all my cash for that). This is not up for debate, regardless of differing financial philosophies on this. I have a long term plan that I am not going into here, that will serve us very well financially - tax-wise and such.

With that said, here it is...

What do those, who have ordered from the factory, done as a financial strategy (once you have agreed on the price) for down payment (earnest money, etc) when ordering? Some, I know want to keep this as low as possible - $0 to $100. Others probably have no problem paying most up front... I do. I could use all the ideas you guys want to hand down. I can then tailor responses to fit into our personal situation.

Thanks in advance. I may have to clarify things as this thread progresses, but this should get us off to a roaring start.

NOTE: I would like to have people refrain for the urge to give "strong opinions" on finances in general rather than "friendly advice". Thinking of my 79 yr old father... "I don't want to tell you what to do, but...", implying that if I don't follow his "advice", I'm an idiot, and out of the family will. I love my dad, but he can be overbearing sometimes. I am just interested in what everyone did in this case.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote