View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 04:37 PM   #1
WACOT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1946
Slide leak update

This is the latest on our 2955 with the numerous silde leak problems. After six trips to the dealership, the factory ask for it to be sent back to them. That happened on Oct 4th and it was returned to us on Oct 30th. Keystone hasn't sent me a detailed report about what all they did but was told that they removed the slideout box and built one to closer align with the dimentions of the cutout. All new seals were installed with the roll type I had seen on other models at the bottom position as well as new and longer drip gutters to direct any water outboard the rubber seals. Any other work done is unknown at this time. Oct 30 was a thrusday and on friday night Sept.1st it rained 2 1/2 inches but a stright rain with no wind. During the next week it rained several times and one was especially a hard rain with enough wind to blow it around a good bit, a good test for the problem, and so far it is still dry. It took a lot of squaking about the problem but it did finally get repaired. I had a call from someone at Keystone customer relations dept. and was told that they were going to extend the warrenty for six months, which I thought was decent of them. I got the letter from them on sat. oct. 9th and the letter said the warrenty was extended for a period of one additional year (untill Feb 2006) which really surprised me, and most welcome as well. My faith in big companies has been partially renewed. We now are getting all our traveling things back inside the trailer and will leave for San Diego the first of Nov. We are looking foreward to using the rig without having to put the slide in when it rains. For those who are having leak problems, maybe there is hope for you as well.
Good luck.
WACOT is offline   Reply With Quote