View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
75 mi. from anything, Why I carry extra filters!

Left Wellington OK this morning and fueled up at the Cherokee truck stop. 125 miles west a stutter, time for fuel, now limp home mode. We pulled into a little Conoco station in the literal middle of nowhere for fuel. After fueling up I pulled around back and changed out the fuel filter and we were back out on the road within 40 minutes. I have had that fuel filter in the truck parts box sonce we left Wisconsin last year. Sure glad I kept a spare. Another idea reared an ugly head while finishing the drive here to Amarillo. Last spring we stayed at the same KOA in Wellington and filled up at the SAME fuel station. about 100 miles later we had a fuel filter issue in Guthrie OK. Does anyone else begin to see a trend here?? I still had 58% left on this filter so I tend to think I got dirty fuel TWICE from the same source with the same results both times. I will purchase another filter tomorrow or the day after cause as my snow shovel says "YOU NEVER KNOW"
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote