View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 06:01 AM   #1
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Hold the presses........

Ok for those of you who followed my post about my new to me truck hunting gears in 6th and no power we have new developments. As you know the dealer told me it was my 2 sizes to big tires. But after I get my truck back the next day a CEL lights up????? Ok they musta set something wrong or forgot something when they were checking my truck. Also got a bad smell of exhaust in the cab???? Took it down and thinking I'm gonna be outa there in 20 minutes but no, he tells me it is a wiring issue and connector to a O2 sensor.... The good thing is there is a repair kit for it, the bad is it takes almost a day to repair????? Hmmmmm ok Yeah for my extended warranty. But now he calls yesterday, they got it fixed but still got CEL. Says they have been talking to Chrysler, crap that's not good lol lol, Says Chrysler says it is one of the CAT's. Bad thing is it costs $3000, good thing covered by warranty, whew!!!... Oh and I say one of them cause I guess on the 4th Gen Rams there are 3 of them.??? But they gotta get it outa Detroit, so truck won't be done till Fri. At least this is something I can get a grip on. My brain cells have been having a war in my head. I got one tribe of brain cells that say "Yeah it's the tires you gotta live with it till you get new ones, has to be that cause the mechanic says so".....Then there is another tribe of cells saying "No way dummie, you're losing too much power and those tires ain't that big, yes you will lose some but not the way it was handling" Then I got a small tribe of cells saying " Heck with it, sell this white elephant and buy a Ford" lol lol lol That revolt was quelled rather quickly lol lol I like this truck and if this is the problem I should have a well checked out low low mileage truck. Problem is todays mechanics don't listen to the owner. They only look at that computer screen and if the truck don't give them some numbers then they say there is not a problem. Oh well. hopefully after Fri. I have a good running truck with good lookin tires on it lol

steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote