View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
They disappointed me.

La Crosse Technologies make a nice little 4" X 3.75" digital thermometer to adhere to the outside of your window. It lets you read it through the glass. It records the high and low of the day and auto resets. Runs off a AAA battery. It is weather resistant, but not weather proof.

It rained here hard and the screen went blank, so I took it apart to dry it to get it going again. I have done it before. However, this time I managed to break the tiny thermistor wires at the solder point. I emailed La Crosse asking for the site on their circuit board to re-solder the wires. They refused to tell me saying that it was proprietary information. Further they sent me a phone number for ordering a new unit.

I got out the magnifier and figured it out, re-soldered the wires and shazam, it works like new. I then sent them an email expressing my ire and disappointment with their public relations destroying customer service protocol. As far as I am concerned, it would be like Maytag selling you a washing machine and telling you to buy a new one because the drive belt broke.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote