Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > H. John Kohl
Click Here to Login

Conversation Between H. John Kohl and cdaniels
Showing Profile Comments 1 to 1 of 1
  1. cdaniels
    04-15-2017 08:46 PM
    cdaniels
    Hi John
    We are on our way home from Florida and noticed a burning smell. It is strong in the front compartment/bedroom. We noticed a clicking sound by the RV door. My Converter is under the steps. The battery disconnect is turned off and the clicking stopped. The converter green light is still on and blinking fast. We are plugged into shore power with progressive surge protector. It's reading right current from the power pole. The lights in the RV are all working as well as the appliances. We have a progressive 80 converter. We are shutting off all the power at the pole before we go to bed tonight to be safe. I have 2 questions? 1. If it's the converter what replacement would you suggest? This is the 2nd converter for this RV it's a 2009. would like to have one that will handle a bigger load not work as hard. Is there such a thing? 2. Do you have any suggestions ? I am checking converter to see if everything is tight see if we can find anything burnt in am.
    Thanks Bill
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montana RV, Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.