PDA

View Full Version : Toronto to Orlando

DiananColin
05-02-2005, 11:00 AM
We leave end of the week :D:Dfor the drive to Ft Wilderness. Stop off points will be Belden Hill, Binghampton; Fredericksburg KOA Virginia; Points South KOA then KOA Kissimmee - apparently our 4 year old Granddaughter who will be travelling with us has an absolute "need" to go shopping before going to Ft. Wilderness for a couple of weeks to meet up with Mummy/Daddy and little Brother! Can't help feeling Diana is behind this "need" somewhere.[8]

sreigle
05-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Drive safe and, most of all, enjoy the time with your granddaughter! They are really special.

DiananColin
05-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Trust me Steve - I know she is special - she can also drain a bank account pretty quick - guess it's just a natural for the female persuasion!

Bill and Ann
05-03-2005, 01:54 AM
Diane and Colin: Chicken....can't stand the cold weather eh? Don't blame you. We have been given strong consideration to heading to Myrtle Beach like we did a couple of years ago. Do the tax and leave. We have been trying to get our Granddaughter to go the Florida but Mommy won't get her birth certificate and give us a permission letter. (X daughter in law)
Now that I mentioned that, make sure you have both as the border is getting sticky because of so many people taking off with the kids without the other parent knowing.

DiananColin
05-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Bill and Ann, thanks for the reminder - yes we carry a notarised letter signed by both parents adn passports. (re your comment about one parent abducting we'd be flattered if someone thought we were her parents![:o)]) We have it for all Grandchildren even the big teenage ones who could certainly squawk loudly if we tried to abduct them - on the other hand maybe it should be us squawking! Pity about your not getting the permission letter - Grandkids are wonderful to have around.

We're off as tax season is over!!!!!:D

BTW if in Myrtle Beach area check out Willowtree at Longs - it is fabulous. That is going to be a stopoff on the way back in late June.

kdeiss
05-03-2005, 11:19 AM
We stay at Point South KOA when returning from Florida. Just off I 95 easy in and out.Most are just staying over night Cable,WIFI and great service.