PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Kings G tires

dfb
07-18-2020, 10:13 AM
Are the Trailer King Tires in a G okay? We were in Fruitridge Idaho and no Sailuns anywhere. The only tire Available were the Trailer kings.. These have the Big Rig Style tread pattern not the car tire treads... Rated to 75 mph..... anyone have had these? The original tires were Trailer kings rated E.. Not G... thanks..

jsb5717
07-18-2020, 10:28 AM
Personally I would pass. I would order Sailuns on Simple Tire, Walmart, or Amazon and have a local tire shop mount and balance them. Discount Tire did it for me.

dfb
07-18-2020, 10:33 AM
Personally I would pass. I would order Sailuns on Simple Tire, Walmart, or Amazon and have a local tire shop mount and balance them. Discount Tire did it for me.
We had NO choice.. The RV Parks were all Full and would not extend our stay.. Ill report if any issues... We have never seen it so full as you could not get a spot ANYWHERE for the RV.... I should have taken a LUMP SUM Payment on my Retirement and bought an RV Park....

DQDick
07-18-2020, 11:23 AM
There was a time when Trailer King was OEM tires. Hope you have better luck.

dfb
07-18-2020, 01:35 PM

Yes, they came stock on our 2015 load range E... they wore EXTREMLY quick.. but for under 100 they were still not good... Hope the G is. better... Right now, Im trying to fix the big slide again... Then it's the black water tank again... maybe I can get 39000 for it...

dfb
07-18-2020, 01:48 PM

These are the STR Ultra If that makes any difference. At Walmart they are about 4.00 less than Sailuns...

uhftx
07-18-2020, 03:42 PM
I would also wish you good luck, with your purchase. I bought saliuns off Walmart.com and had them mounted at my local tire warehouse. 15 bucks for mounting and balancing.
I'm not going to jump down on you. You had a difficult decision to make and a timely one. But I would look to replace them sooner than the 5yr plan. If you get 3 yrs out of them consider the borrowed time scale.

sourdough
07-18-2020, 04:16 PM
I put Sailuns on this trailer before I ever picked it up but...I had the benefit of time and not in a bind like you were. For your circumstance you did the best you could. Having had a TK zap me with 7 k in damages on my last trailer (wasn't a year old) I have no use for them whatsoever. You were in a tight and IMO made a great decision going with the upgraded steel cased tire. Just keep an eye on them and be sure you have a TPMS.:D

RKassl
07-18-2020, 05:51 PM
Goodyear G614 for me and all my Montana's.

CalandLinda
07-18-2020, 06:12 PM
Trailer King have ST235/80R16 LRG with an STR on their sidewalls. Those are polyester tires. The newer upgrade is the same designated size but will have Ultra STR on the sidewall. Those are all steel tires.

CalandLinda
07-18-2020, 06:24 PM
Goodyear G614 for me and all my Montana's.

Just a note: Under the new RVIA 10% load capacity reserve recommendation for manufacture fitments, the G614 does not qualify for service on 7000# axles...They are under the 10% load capacity reserve, self imposed by Keystone.

ChuckS
07-20-2020, 10:43 AM
Personally I am not fond of TK tires... BUT... these are 14 ply G rated steel belted tires and should be a much better tire overall.. Hope you installed all steel High Pressure valve stems... good tire shop would do that... Run at 105 to 110 PSI Cold and use reasonable tow speeds of 62 to 65...

they will probably do a good job for you with many years service...

Im running Geo Star 14 ply G rated 235/85x16 at 105psi that were sold by Les Schwab... Starting 5th season.. No issuess, wear well, look like new, tire pressure holds exceptionlly well over the long cold winter months here in Idaho

When time comes to replace Sailun S637 is what will go on...

safe travels

phillyg
07-26-2020, 01:42 PM
If the TKs are the same as the ones that came on my 2016, no, they are an inferior tire. I compared one of them, off the wheel, against a Sailun before it was mounted, and I'd guess the Sailun was a third or more heavier than the TK. I stood on the sidewall of each and the beads did not touch on the Sailun, where the TK was just mush. Not scientific, I know, but very telling to me.

Anatnom
07-26-2020, 02:15 PM
Philly, I did the same with Good Year marathon and Endurance tires. The marathon just pushed together and had little strength if any in the sidewall the Good year Endurance was so much better it wouldn't collapse under pressure and had a higher speed rating. Yes need to look for newer USA tires that meet the requirement of our trailers. Some are not acceptable. dfb , under the circumstances you did well to get new tires in a bind for time as well. As others have said I would recommend you watch the tires for wear and get them balanced. Good luck in your travels

CaptnJohn
07-26-2020, 02:33 PM
With the TK reputation I’d run rubber bands to where I could get Sailun.

saber707
07-26-2020, 02:41 PM
Trailer Kings came on our 2015 HC. We got good wear out of them and only traded after 4 years based on age. We went with GY Endurance.

dfb
07-26-2020, 08:08 PM
I just spent 4 days trying to fix my slide out. Hydraulic. Cut the bottom material to get to the ram. There was 4 inches of play. Tightened the ram under the trailer. Too everything apart. Adjusted this and that. Seems to be working now.. thanks for the tire advice.. now on to fix black water tank... Cant wait..

bshgto
07-27-2020, 07:06 AM
Just a note: Under the new RVIA 10% load capacity reserve recommendation for manufacture fitments, the G614 does not qualify for service on 7000# axles...They are under the 10% load capacity reserve, self imposed by Keystone.

Yep heard about that to and have detonation issues that the Sailuns don`t, we should get credit for promoting their tires. Was up in Landcaster Pa. looking at heavy duty flat bed trailers for my new skid loader last weekend. and the guy said he orders all trailers with the Sailuns cause no issues or call backs with them. Goodyear 614`s are old news.

Mr. C
07-27-2020, 10:32 AM
Ordered my Sailuns from Simple Tire. Received them in two days. Had Discount Tire mount and balance them. They are a good looking tire, run nice on our 14k Montana. I wouldn't install anything else. They will ship right to your park or pick a place to install them and have them shipped there.

Waricha
07-27-2020, 11:33 AM
I have a trailer king Load Range F tire I had put on a rim from a blow out a few years ago. I have had very good luck with it. I think as long as you use LR F or higher, they are okay.