PDA

View Full Version : Sailuns Online

PSFORD99
04-15-2020, 12:16 PM
It seems these Sailuns are getting more expensive as time goes on locally . Looks like I will have to go with Simpletire online. My question to those that have ordered the Sailuns online at Simpletire, how old of tires can I expect. Have been a little skeptical of getting them online .

I Have been able to get a price match ,but so far no one wants to do that. Things have changed it seems. I have done that the last two sets of tires I have bought. I prefer to be able to look at a tire ,and see when it was manufactured. Should I worry about getting a year old or older Sailun tire from Simpletire , I usually won't buy a tire that has a date code over 6 months old. Especially RV tires

AZ Traveler
04-15-2020, 12:37 PM
I have only bought one Sailun from them to replace one with a large screw in it. The tire I received was 2 months old.

PSFORD99
04-15-2020, 12:43 PM
I have only bought one Sailun from them to replace one with a large screw in it. The tire I received was 2 months old.

Thanks . How long ago was that . I'm going to order the 235/85/16, was that the same size as yours

PSFORD99
04-15-2020, 12:45 PM
Im thinking they probably sell as many or more Sailuns at this point. They are the lowest price I can find now.

AZ Traveler
04-15-2020, 12:59 PM
I bought my tire about 16 months ago. My rig came with Sailun - the 80 series.

PSFORD99
04-15-2020, 03:13 PM
I bought my tire about 16 months ago. My rig came with Sailun - the 80 series.

Thanks, got five Sailun S637's ST 235/85/16 on the way from Simpletire . Should see them early next week.

Jeff Myers
04-15-2020, 03:31 PM
I purchased my G rated tires from simple tire, via Amazon, last December. The date codes were only about 6 weeks old. Not bad, and they came within 48 hours of ordering them! I will buy them this way again IF I need too!

PSFORD99
04-15-2020, 03:39 PM
I purchased my G rated tires from simple tire, via Amazon, last December. The date codes were only about 6 weeks old. Not bad, and they came within 48 hours of ordering them! I will buy them this way again IF I need too!

Thanks, Sailuns ???

Jeff Myers
04-15-2020, 05:34 PM
Thanks, Sailuns ???
Yep, look on Amazon for the sailun size you want (637 23580R16 G") was my size and you should come up with the correct ones.
Quick note.... Amazon search for Sailun 637 G rated will get ya a whole bunch of sex movies :ermm:... be sure to add tires at the end!:facepalm:

PSFORD99
04-15-2020, 05:44 PM
Yep, look on Amazon for the sailun size you want (23580R16 G") was my size and you should come up with the correct ones

I found them on there. ST 235/85/16, wanted that little taller tire .They were about $12 total difference with going directly with SimpleTire. I went with SimpleTire , shipping appeared to be a bit faster. I was mostly concerned with the age of the tire. I'm sure amazon is the same, SimpleTire is free returns no questions asked. If they are older then I want, they will go back. It sounds like they are pretty fresh coming from either.

PSFORD99
04-15-2020, 05:45 PM
Yep, look on Amazon for the sailun size you want (637 23580R16 G") was my size and you should come up with the correct ones.
Quick note.... Amazon search for Sailun 637 G rated will get ya a whole bunch of sex movies :ermm:... be sure to add tires at the end!:facepalm:

Sorry ,I missed the sex movie part. I just didn't pay attention :facepalm:

Montana Man
04-15-2020, 05:53 PM
I just got my Sailuns the other day. 4 months old.

PSFORD99
04-15-2020, 05:55 PM
I just got my Sailuns the other day. 4 months old.

SimpleTire ?? 80's or 85's

Montana Man
04-15-2020, 06:39 PM
Mine were 80's.

PSFORD99
04-18-2020, 09:45 AM
Mine were 80's.

85's on the way from SimpleTire, we shall see . Supposedly being delivered tomorrow by FedEx . Pretty fast service.

FYI sold the Westlakes .

coyoterick
04-18-2020, 08:28 PM
Big-O can order and install Sailuns, am going to try them next time.

uhftx
04-19-2020, 07:34 AM
I ordered mine from walmart online. Approx 131 each. Rims were more expensive than the second best price I found online. But throw in the Free shipping I ordered and received them with 3 weeks. The date code was approx 2 months old.

Had them mounted at tire warehouse. I have put zero miles on them.

They must order them by the container and probably ship them out quickly.
I also ordered valve stems from them. The delivery date was over a month out. I called and complained received a ten dollar credit. Ended up ordering from Amazon.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=sailun

PSFORD99
04-19-2020, 03:05 PM
I ordered mine from walmart online. Approx 131 each. Rims were more expensive than the second best price I found online. But throw in the Free shipping I ordered and received them with 3 weeks. The date code was approx 2 months old.

Had them mounted at tire warehouse. I have put zero miles on them.

They must order them by the container and probably ship them out quickly.
I also ordered valve stems from them. The delivery date was over a month out. I called and complained received a ten dollar credit. Ended up ordering from Amazon.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=sailun

SimpleTire online this morning were $126.62 ea. for the Sailun S637 ST235/85/16 . The 80's were $154.82, , but at Walmart the ST235/80/16 were $128.92 and the 85's were $146.37. Kind of depends on the day what prices .

uhftx
04-19-2020, 06:08 PM
SimpleTire online this morning were $126.62 ea. for the Sailun S637 ST235/85/16 . The 80's were $154.82, , but at Walmart the ST235/80/16 were $128.92 and the 85's were $146.37. Kind of depends on the day what prices .

Good luck who ever you purchase from. I have no bias one way or the other.
These are your dollars to spend. You will not be disappointed with your purchase and safety going down the road.
Best wishes
Chris

krahopkin
04-22-2020, 06:49 PM
I just bought a set of Sailuns from Big O which did a price match, $750 installed

KirkFess
04-22-2020, 07:20 PM
I just bought 4 early this month from simple tire. Dated 4819. So about 4 months old.

Todd727
04-23-2020, 07:18 AM
I found that we reached a tipping point a year or so ago and Amazon is rarely the best deal. Going direct to the seller listed on Amazon is usually better. Also, you can get them mounted at Wal-Mart and if you are unhappy with what you receive, the return is MUCH easier.

eBay has also resurfaced. I just purchased 8 17.5" commercial Sailun tires for a 15 ton equipment trailer. No one else could compete on price with free FedEx shipping.

For the RV sized tires, I found the local Mom & Pop store beat any online price I could find and they didn't charge to mount since I bought the tires there.

PSFORD99
04-23-2020, 08:58 AM
I just bought a set of Sailuns from Big O which did a price match, $750 installed

Could not get Big O nor the shop I usually deal with to price match. Which I have usually have been able to do. Actually Big O was the highest , they were the lowest three years ago. Started off with a set from SimpleTire, which about a week ago was the best price I could find. They were older then I cared for, so I sent them back. While this was going on Walmart had one of those rollback prices on the Sailun 235/85/16's. Ordered 5 from them, plus the mounting ,and balancing from the shop I usually deal with ended up at $786 for 5 tires.

Took Walmart 2 days to get them to my doorstep . Free shipping.

I reminded the shop I tried to price match with them, didn't seem to care, they have always been pretty competitive. The price for these was pretty close to what I payed for a set three years ago, that went on the previous trailer I sold a month ago.

ar1965
05-05-2020, 08:33 PM
We ordered ours from Simpletire a 4 days before we picked up our Montana High Country. They were to arrive the same day as the pick up of the unit. So it was four days for delivery to GA. I had all five installed for $125.

I am very happy on my decision to replace the stock tires. Even though the stock tires should have been able to carry the load providing for hitch weight. I just didn't want to risk a blow out on an interstate exchange and all the incurred damage.

I was amazed at the weight difference in the Sailun 637s G-rated and the OEM F-rated versions. The Sailuns were nearly twice the weight with only two more plies! Obviously the side wall and the material of the plies were way different. I'm sure the stock tires were never going to last.

I'm also glad I helped the tire guys in getting the spare off. I now know what I'm getting into if I have to do it myself. Even the safety clip wasn't what I was expecting and took a little work to get off (in a sterile tire shop environment.. meaning no cars zipping by at 80 mph). Not to mention the jacking requirement; I thought with my six-point auto-leveling system that the rear four jacks would lift the trailer enough to pull the tires. I couldn't figure it out so we needed a floor jack.

PSFORD99
05-05-2020, 08:39 PM
We ordered ours from Simpletire a 4 days before we picked up our Montana High Country. They were to arrive the same day as the pick up of the unit. So it was four days for delivery to GA. I had all five installed for $125.

I am very happy on my decision to replace the stock tires. Even though the stock tires should have been able to carry the load providing for hitch weight. I just didn't want to risk a blow out on an interstate exchange and all the incurred damage.

I was amazed at the weight difference in the Sailun 637s G-rated and the OEM F-rated versions. The Sailuns were nearly twice the weight with only two more plies! Obviously the side wall and the material of the plies were way different. I'm sure the stock tires were never going to last.

I'm also glad I helped the tire guys in getting the spare off. I now know what I'm getting into if I have to do it myself. Even the safety clip wasn't what I was expecting and took a little work to get off (in a sterile tire shop environment.. meaning no cars zipping by at 80 mph). Not to mention the jacking requirement; I thought with my six-point auto-leveling system that the rear four jacks would lift the trailer enough to pull the tires. I couldn't figure it out so we needed a floor jack.

I chose to take off my tires, and wheels, and take to a local shop to mount, and balance, yes I used the 6 point level up to where the tires were about 1" off the ground ,worked very well, that and a new Dewalt 1/2" impact made short order removing.

ar1965
05-06-2020, 04:59 AM
That’s great to hear you were able to manually jack your trailer up with aft four jacks. Now I just need to figure out how to do it. Might have been because the trailer was connected to the truck(?). I was only able to manually bring down the front and rear jacks. No worries, I’ll figure it out.

BobRairigh
05-21-2020, 08:22 AM
Looking to replace mine. Why 85 over 85? Is G rated the heavy duties right?

PSFORD99
05-21-2020, 08:29 AM
Looking to replace mine. Why 85 over 85? Is G rated the heavy duties right?

I think you mean the 85's over the 80's ? I chose the 85's over the 80's . Two reasons they are rated higher @ 4400 instead of the 4080 with the 80's . Also I wanted the little bit taller tire to help with leveling the fifth wheel with these new taller trucks. They are both G rated .The price difference is minimal .

BobRairigh
05-21-2020, 10:43 AM
I did mean 85 over 80. :) I like the idea of more height to haul, I am at the bottom of my B&W with my Chevy 2500 with Firestone Airbags. I am wondering if the taller tire takes away from being able to level more since you start higher?

CalandLinda
05-21-2020, 06:43 PM
I think you mean the 85's over the 80's ? I chose the 85's over the 80's . Two reasons they are rated higher @ 4400 instead of the 4080 with the 80's . Also I wanted the little bit taller tire to help with leveling the fifth wheel with these new taller trucks. They are both G rated .The price difference is minimal .

When changing tire size ST235/80R16 to the ST235/85R16 you are doing what the industry calls "plus sizing".

There are procedures to follow when plus sizing. The most important is to set a new recommended cold tire inflation pressure for all of the plus sized tires. An auxiliary tire placard is authorized and recommended. It should contain the new tire sizes, load capacity and a recommended cold inflation pressure derived from the OE tire recommendations.

coyoterick
06-19-2020, 02:29 PM
I stopped into the local Big O to order S637 Sailuns, they looked in their computer to order them then told me that Sailun didn't make them anymore so they could no longer get them. You can find the tires on the Big O website but can't order them online since they don't have RV's in their vehicle selection...

AZ Traveler
06-19-2020, 02:36 PM
I stopped into the local Big O to order S637 Sailuns, they looked in their computer to order them then told me that Sailun didn't make them anymore so they could no longer get them. You can find the tires on the Big O website but can't order them online since they don't have RV's in their vehicle selection...

Buy them at Simpletire and have them shipped to your shop to install.

PeteandJoan
06-19-2020, 02:55 PM
Buy them at Simpletire and have them shipped to your shop to install.

I agree, just make sure shop knows they are coming so they accept them.

And get steel stems capable of 110#.

Texan
06-19-2020, 03:01 PM
Agree with what Pete and Joan said. Been there and done that.