PDA

View Full Version : Tire weight info

JEROME
10-28-2019, 07:22 AM
I am looking for some one in my area that can do individual wheel weights. I have 2019 3720 RL I live in charlotte NC . I am trying to get this done before we leave for the Keys. Thanks A lot Jerome &Judy

DQDick
10-28-2019, 10:05 AM
Most Escapee parks can do it, but I don't think you'll find one until you get to Florida, at Busnel.

twindman
10-28-2019, 10:12 AM
If you are near a CAT scale at a truck stop, you can play games during a weigh in. I split the front and back axle and weigh normally. Then I pull thru with one side off the scales. That probably puts a little extra on the other side because of one side being higher/lower, but not much.
Cat scales give you 2 weigh ins (assume you will drop the trailer or load it or something). So when done subtract the axle weight from the individual weight and you get the other individual weight. Costs something like $10-15.
If you want the truck individual weights too, you can run thru again and do it again only doing the truck instead of trailer.

masterdrago
10-28-2019, 01:08 PM
I am looking for some one in my area that can do individual wheel weights. I have 2019 3720 RL I live in charlotte NC . I am trying to get this done before we leave for the Keys. Thanks A lot Jerome &Judy You might check with https://rvsafety.com/schedule. But give Trey & Susan Selman an email because their schedule is constantly changing. Click on Central Texas for the contact page. They might have another team working your area. They did ours 2 years ago and will do it again in a couple of months.

Mikendebbie
10-28-2019, 04:52 PM
I read this post this morning and I thought he was asking how much a wheel and tire weigh...as in how much does it weigh when you are changing a flat. I thought maybe I would run out and weigh the spare which would be easier than taking a wheel off. It was very early this morning before I had finished my first coffee. Reading the follow up posts this afternoon - DOH!